The Daily Transport
” You may take action by following your service providers’ directions for filing a claim immediately. The driver or agent of the freight company has to sign the record of damages, and it’s recommended to file your insurance within 24 hours “
Read Time: 3 minutes.
What to Expect at Pick Up When Shipping Your Car
If you have never shipped a car before, then you may not know what to expect at the delivery and pick up points. This is usually a big concern to many clients who need their cars to be transported from one point to another. The hassle of choosing a reputable hauling company to transport their classic cars may be painstaking and a long one.
When you get a reputable company to ship your cars, then you have no reason to worry because they know how to ship your car to its destination.
Pickup and delivery are the two main steps involved in shipping an automobile, and below are some tips we hope will give you an idea of what to expect during the entire shipping process.
- Estimates; even before meeting the transporter, you should be clear about payment for the shipping services.
- Freight contract; you should ensure that the insurance terms, contract, mutual contact information, and terms of the contract are in order.
- Inspection; transporters prefer to give your vehicle a detailed inspection
- Reviewing the driver’s bill of lading; this contains the details of the vehicle inspection and must be signed at the origin and destination point.
- It’s usually recommended to note the odometer reading before the automobile is loaded on the trailer. Make sure to notify your transporter any special instructions before they leave.
Upon Vehicle Delivery
Most clients tend to rush the delivery process due to the excitement of seeing their car delivered. However, it’s important to have a pre-delivery checklist that has points you may ignore when you are in a hurry to possess your car.
Shipping experts recommend buyers to be on time when meeting their transporter. The following are some of the things to do when your vehicle arrives at its destination;
- > Conduct a second inspection, which involves comparing the present condition of your car against your records. Making a record before shipping helps in case your car arrives damaged.
- > You may assign a representative to perform the inspection if you aren’t available or can’t conduct the inspection.
- > Bring a flashlight if the car is going to be delivered at night!
- > Apart from checking for cosmetic damages, you may start the car to see if there are any mechanical problems and make sure to check the car’s undercarriage or odometer.
- > Pay for the service once the car has been delivered or upon completion of the inspection.
- > Make the transaction final by signing the bill of lading.
After the Vehicle Shipping Service
If your car has been damaged during the hauling process, it’s important to state that in the bill of lading before accepting the car. This is crucial because the delivery point is the only way to examine the automobile.
You may take action by following your service providers’ directions for filing a claim immediately. The driver or agent of the freight company has to sign the record of damages, and it’s recommended to file your insurance within 24 hours
For most transport companies, the shipping process is complete once the car has been delivered.
- > If you would like to know anything more about the car transport services we offer at Auto Transport then call us on (800) 757-7125 or click the link to receive your free quote today.
Expert in all in things auto-transport. Natasha has been with the company for 3 years and is actively reaching new milestones for the company with her marketing team.
More For You.
The Importance of Choosing a Top-Rated Auto Transport Company to Transport a Car Many cases have emerged where people have contracted a random auto transport